As much as we know about the human body, the reality is that each and everyone of us is so uniquely designed that no two people are just alike. And this is especially true with pregnancies. While your friend may have been throwing up from the moment they conceived until the day they delivered, you may feel anything (and everything) but nauseated.
The typical pregnancy symptoms of morning sickness, fatigue. cramping and aches in the lower abdomen, sore breasts and even headaches or strange cravings aren’t always the only tell tale signs of pregnancy. In fact, many women feel none of those things and describe early pregnancy as a phase where they just felt ‘off’ or ‘different,’ in some weird unexplainable way.
The following are some strange pregnancy symptoms that you may not find in the everyday pregnancy manuals. But they can mean you are pregnant just the same!
- Strange dreams. Plenty of women report having strange dreams during the days and weeks between conception and finding out that they are pregnant. These dreams could be caused by rising hormone levels, or could be a little sign from your intuition telling you that things in your life are changing. It could also mean your fatigue is causing you to reach the deeper levels of sleep where more realistic and imaginative dreams tend to evolve from.
- Food aversions. Everyone talks about craving things from pickles to ice cream. But what about food aversions? For many women the earliest pregnancy symptom is a strong aversion to certain foods. One day, your favorite food is pasta salad, and then suddenly the next day the sheer site of the pasta makes your stomach turn.
- Heightened sense of smell. Suddenly the buckets of cologne your co-worker wears, or the mold in your shower, or the smell of your significant others feet seem to be swallowing you whole. You might even have a problem with smells that you used to love, such as your own perfume or regular cleaning products. It is true that during pregnancy your sense of smell is heightened, and this can occur quickly as an initial pregnancy symptom pretty early on.
- Increased sex drive. It’s true! All those raging hormones might just make you feel more erogenous than ever before. And you might want to enjoy it before sex becomes cumbersome.
- Snoring and a Stuffy Nose. What you might think is a cold, could be swollen mucous membranes in your nose due to all the surges in hormone levels in your body and increases in blood production. In fact, some women stay stuffed up throughout pregnancy. (Which might be a good thing if you also suffer from a heightened sense of smell)
- Feeling OFF! You might not be able to explain what is ‘wrong’ with you. Yet plenty of pregnant mothers talk about just feeling different, even a few days after conception. Only to find out a few weeks later that they are in fact pregnant.
Pregnancy is a unique and amazing experience for everyone. Chances are, those subtle changes that you think are only in your head, or you confuse with ‘coming down with something,’ might just mean you are expecting!
Written By Stef, Mom of 4 @Mom-Spirational
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a trained medical doctor. Health & Parenting Ltd disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information, which is provided to you on a general information basis only and not as a substitute for personalized medical advice. All contents copyright © Health & Parenting Ltd 2018. All rights reserved.