Pregnancy! From the moment the pregnancy test turns pink, everything you read (and everyone you meet) will fill your brain with all the dreaded and awful things that are going to happen to you. From morning sickness, swollen feet, and gaining weight to having to have an episiotomy during your 19 hour labor – pregnancy can tend to sound more like torture than bliss. But you know what? There are some pregnancy perks as well. And you might find some of them so darn delightful that they make all the other ‘side effects’ of pregnancy completely bearable. So, here you go – 7 pregnancy perks that give you something to look forward to! (Besides an incredibly cuddly, soft and beautiful baby of course!)
1. Everyone you meet will instantly be your new best friend. People love pregnant woman almost as much as they love puppies. Everyone will stop and talk to you, open doors for you, let you butt in line at the grocery store, carry things for you, and encourage you to sit down and relax as much as possible. Okay, so it can be a bit overwhelming to have perfect strangers rub your belly and ask you embarrassing questions, but your pregnant body tends to bring out the very best in others. So enjoy it while it lasts.
2. You can finally get a parking place at the mall in one of those ‘mothers with kids,’ or ‘pregnant moms only’ specially designated parking places, which of course are conveniently located at the closest entrance to Dunkin Donuts (and a bathroom) as possible.
3. You have a good excuse to throw out all your old shoes and go shoe shopping. Not only will your feet never return to their pre-pregnancy size, but wearing good shoes is an important part of taking care of yourself while pregnant. Same goes for clothes. And let’s not forget purchasing all those adorable baby clothes. If you happen to be a woman with a fancy for shopping, then pregnancy will give you a perfect opportunity to indulge in just that.
4. You have the perfect excuse to get out of menial tasks that you normally do. No way you can mow the grass, or help paint the nursery when you are pregnant. You also will have to leave the sweeping and vacuuming to someone else, and will never have to lift anything that weighs more than a watermelon. (Which is only fair since you will be carrying what feels like a watermelon in your belly). There is also no way your boss will ask you to go out in the heat (or the cold) to collect lunch for the staff meeting.
5. It’s perfectly okay to sleep until noon if you want. If you are lucky enough to be able to sleep, then you will certainly enjoy your rest. And some words to the wise – ENJOY SLEEPING while you can, because once the baby comes – sleep will become a thing of the past.
6. You never need an excuse to get out of sex. Not in the mood, no problem – chances are you won’t catch any flack from your significant other.
7. Last but not least, you get to be the first one to ever truly hold or feel your baby move. The sensations of having a baby move inside your belly is something that cannot be explained, and quite simply – makes every and any negative side effect of pregnancy seem like a walk in the park.
Written By Stef, Mom of 4 @MOM-SPIRATIONAL
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a trained medical doctor. Health & Parenting Ltd disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information, which is provided to you on a general information basis only and not as a substitute for personalized medical advice. All contents copyright © Health & Parenting Ltd 2017. All rights reserved.